Friday, March 28, 2008

Birds of a Feather

Last year I decided to put out bird seed for our feathered friends nesting in the pond. We had quite a plethora of winged friends come a callin'; ducks, woodpeckers, finches, and a great blue heron. One friend in particular was a little red winged black bird. He would come to the window and sing for me and then strut his stuff until I would bring him food. Molly named him Blacky.


We are happy to report that Blacky has returned from his winter home
and has began to repeat the ritual.
He waits for me each morning. He can see what room I am in
and perches on that window sill until he is acknowledged.
Smart and determined bird.
Here he is out in the pond perched on old cattails where he
and his mate have built a nest for their family to be.
As you can see, he has taught a few other to join him in the cause.
This unknown species of bird is enjoying the new found diner.

A show of thanks!

No comments: