Friday, March 28, 2008

House update

We hired my brother Kent to texture and paint the entry way. We chose the most beautiful warm gold color with great confidence. As he began to paint the Roasted Sesame Seed on the walls, my confidence began to waver. Granted the lighting was limited and shadows from the school bus yellow scaffolding were dancing on the walls.

Then Rick, who is usually oblivious to such things as decorating,
walked in the door and promptly stated,
"Wow, that's really orange."
(Here you hear an audible gasp
and all oxygen is sucked from the room.)

I nearly cried.
Kent and Kim continued to reassure me that I needed to have confidence
and that all would be well once the blue painters tape
was removed and the scaffolding taken out.

Yet nightmares prevailed me.


Once everything that wasn't supposed to be there was removed
and what was supposed to be there was put back ~


They were right! I love it.
I am so excited to have this house finally become our home!

(Uh, the blue tape doesn't belong on the spinning wheel.
Where was the grip boy during this photography session?)

"And I helped!"
(said in the most southern drawl you can muster up.)
I don't know what commercial that phrase came from, but it fits.

Isn't she darling!?! Molly came over the next day after the walls were completely painted and wanted to know where her painting was...

All I could do was point my fingers at my brother and say,
"Uncle Kent did it."
We have now come full circle!

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Beautiful! But what else would I expect? You'd die if you saw my house...

Unknown said...

"it's shake and bake, and I helped!"