Monday, November 30, 2009

New York, New York!

Of course our first place to eat after arriving is our favorite delicatessen, Carnegie Deli.
Rick had a turkey burger and I had the pastrami sandwich. Of course we took a slice of strawberry cheesecake back to our hotel room for dessert.
The next day while Rick was in meetings I went to check out some of the eating places that had been recommended. Le Parker Meridien has the best Burger Joint. It is tucked in the back corner of the lobby and plan on standing in line. It was totally worth it.
This the menu. Notice at the bottom it states you need to be ready to order or else you back to the end of the line. There is very limited seating. I offered to share a table with the gal in line behind me. She was from Australia and I happen to like Aussies. We had quite a good lunch and a great conversation.
I liked this sign that was posted in the resturant as well.
Later that afternoon and quite a long walk around town, I found my way to Serendipity. They are famous for their frozen hot chocolate. Rick and I had walked over there last time we were in town and it was so crowded that we opted not to sample their wares. This time I got there just before the crowd and found a seat for one was a short wait.

No comments: