Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birthday Surprise!

Dave and Brenda decided to come to Seattle to surprise me for my 50th birthday. Did I just admit to turning 50? We had the best time visiting the Tulip Festival. But the great weather we had been enjoying the months before (and caused everything to bloom early) disappeared and we had a cold front move it. We were freezing...
I took a few shoots of some of my favorites.
Red fringe and yellow parrot tulips.
Gorgeous combination of orange/pink tulips with purple hyacinths.
Fields of reds and pinks were everywhere.
It was so cold, I don't know how the tulips stood it!
I beautiful field of pink tulips at the base of the mountain.
I loved this picture with the tractor in a field of yellow tulips.
Oh, and by the way, did I mention it snowed? We still have a great time together. Eating and seeing the sights of Seattle. We even visited a few model train stores for Dave's new hobby.

No comments: