Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quilting Frenzy

This pattern came from a darling quilt shop in St. George. I started these chickens years ago and put them away during a busy time of life. There it sat amongst the many boxes of UFO (unfinished objects) waiting for life to slow down a bit and be rediscovered. This is the 1st of the 8 quilts I finished during the month of March. Thanks to Kareena (who is living in China) we opened up her home as a sweat shop. We could go and work at our leisure, day or night. Having other motivated quilters around you working toward the same goal was great and inspired us to get things done.
#2 This quilt started with a charm pack I picked up in southern Nevada. I bordered each sqaure with a polka dot print and then a stripe border set them off. I used a fun floral print from Kaffe Fassett for the last border that tied all of the colors together.
#3 Lost Sock quilt. These blocks were put together on one of quilt group sew days. Everyone brought enough fabric to make the quilt and we swaped fabrics to make it very scrappy. I left mine with raw edges so the socks will fray when I wash it. I loved how it turned out.
#4 Belive it or not this is Christmas fabric. I loved that it broke away from the traditional red and green. This is called a disappearing 9-patch. I made 9 patches, cut them into 1/4ths and sewed them back together. Perfect pattern for charm pack squares.
#5 Another circle quilt using Christmas fabrics. The quilt group made and traded them with each other. I finished mine using a border print and mitered corners.
I backed it with a flannel polka dot and a red and white stripe for the binding.
One of the circle has Elvis on it. Pretty funny.
# 6 This Christmas quilt is all flannel and I backed it in a fabulous
damask printed green flannel. Very cozy for those cold winter nights.
# 7 This is the Merry Go Round quilt pattern.
I used 3 jelly rolls of Mo Mo Wonderland fabrics by Moda.
It was a fun pattern to put together.
Here is a close up of the blocks.
# 8 A pastel 9-patch using a lot of scraps left over from Jane's nursery.
This started out as a group project with the Q2 quilt group.
Everyone made 9-patches and swaped them.
I love this sweet fabric called Serendipity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow...these Christmas quilts look awesome. Where can I buy these and at what cost ? Ihampers.co.uk