Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 2 - more of the same

The steamer/juicer is hard at work again today. I am juicing the rest of the plums to drink and make plum jelly later this winter. I love plum jelly.
Porter's favorite dessert is peach cobbler. He always asks for it for his birthday. The problem is Porter's birthday is the first of October when the "ripe off the tree" peaches are gone. I decided the left over peaches from yesterday would make the best cobbler. "If you make it, he will come" applied to this situation. Hence, Porter's birthday was celebrated today!
16 quarts of plum juice.

I also made a frozen peach pie with almond flavoring. My 2 favorite combinations! Wouldn't that make a great icecream flavor. Peach Almond Ding! hee hee

I always wanted to have the job of making up names of icecream and finger nail polish. As you can see, I'd better keep my day job.

Tonight I had the Activity Day girls over to make invitations and cookies to give to their dad's for the Daddy/Daughter night. Pictured clockwise from top: Kayle, Meg, Emily, Kiera, and Katie.
Pictured clockwise from bottom right: Vanessa, Kelyn, Kate, Ashley, Taylor, Julia, and Cassidy.

No comments: