Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 3 - more plums & salsa


Today I made plum sauce out of the plums I cooked down on day 1. I made 1 batch using a Plum Sauce recipe and the 2nd batch using a Tangy Plum Sauce recipe. Then after having my own little taste test I decided to make the 3rd batch using the tangy recipe, only adding a little more plums to it. It made it a little more tart but still very tasty. We had some of it on our chicken tonight. Fantastic!
I made the salsa today using up most of the tomatoes, peppers and onions. Isn't this colorful?
Here it is all mixed together. After chopping everything by hand it has to cook for 2 hours. It's sure worth it, blister and all. I love this recipe. It's sweet with a little kick, but not too spicy. It's just right.
Here is the finished product: 7 jars of Plum sauce, 11 jars of salsa, 8 pint jars and 13 8oz. jars of Tangy plum sauce. The little ones are so cute, they're perfect for gifts, don't you think?

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Lori, that is amazing! You really must have been exhausted after all that! I am still sad I couldn't see you when I was in Seattle for a few days. I called, but you were gone somewhere. Next time, I will have to see you for sure!

Lindsey said...

Excuse me Madam...does your company ship? I was especially curious about the possible shipment of a certian peach cobbler....my birthday IS around the corner:)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Oh yum! I SOooooooo MISS your cooking. I'm salivating!!!!